Thursday, February 23, 2012

Holga Final Prints













 After shooting with the Holga for this project, I have to say that I really enjoyed this camera for many reasons. I liked how I did not have that much control over how my pictures would turn out and the excitement I got seeing my negatives for the first time, not knowing what to expect. It was fun for me to just come up with a random idea for a picture and quickly take it without hesitating or having to adjust the shutter speed or the aperture. I was able to experiment with a lot of ideas, without having the camera hold me back. I also liked how easy it was for me to take double exposures. Since there was no focus on the lens of the camera, it was easy for me to include my face in some of the shots, since I didn't have to worry about keeping my face in focus while holding the camera out. Another aspect of the Holga that I really liked was how all the pictures came out looking really old. I don't know how to describe it, but all the photos that I have taken give me the same eerie, old feeling and I do not think it is because of the subject matter. I have shot with a Holga before this project and those pictures gave me the same feeling even though they were of buildings and landscapes. Overall, I really enjoyed the Holga and plan to use it again in the future and maybe experiment with color film.

No comments:

Post a Comment