Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why do I take photos?

This is probably going to sound cliche, but the main reason I take photos is to express myself. I have a hard time expressing myself through words and in many other ways, but with photography it feels natural. I may be experiencing something tragic, joyful, or crazy in my life and instead of just writing or talking about it, I express what I'm feeling through photography and my art. I also like being able to share what I am feeling with other people. Being able to bring certain emotions and reactions to other people just by having them look at my photographs, is an amazing feeling, especially when its they way I wanted them to react. When I come up with an idea for a photo project or idea that I want to portray, I must do it, complete it, and feel satisfied with it in order to feel like I have accomplished something or feel complete. So if I don't keep taking pictures of the images in my head, I will just feel like something is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment