Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Final Project Idea

For my final project I was planning on depicting lucid dreams. I want the pictures to look very abnormal and dreamlike. I'm planning to use myself in all the images, showing that they are based off of my own dreams. I also planned on have a clock in all the images of different times to show that time is passing and that it is nighttime. Last weekend I took two photo ideas I had and tried to shoot them the best I could. So far, the two pictures I took are both made up of multiple images that I took separately. In the first image I wanted myself to appear as if I was flying in some way so I took several shots outside of myself jumping, trying to get a shot that I could work with in photoshop. I also took many shots of a book falling, so that in the final image the book would appear to be falling out of my hand. In the second photo idea, I wanted to somehow depict sleep paralysis (a part of lucid dreaming) where the sleeper wakes up from a lucid dream or a really deep sleep and is unable to move. Some people who have experienced this, including myself, say that they feel like a weight is pressing on their chest, holding them down. I wanted to depict this in some way, so I took multiple images of cinderblocks on a board, and then of myself lying on the ground. I wanted to combined these images to show the cinderblocks lying on my chest. Since some people have even said they have seen a women or person kneeling on their chest when they wake up for a lucid dream, I thought I might used images of myself kneeling on my sleeping body instead of the cinderblocks. I have almost finished editing both images, but it is taking me a very long time to composite these images in a way that doesn't look photoshopped. I don't know what I'm going to do for the other photos, but I have a couple ideas brewing in my head.









Here ar the two images I have been working on. There are a couple spots I still need to touch up, but I'm excited about them so I wanted to put them up!



1 comment:

  1. WOW, I am so impressed with these images... I watched you working on the "falling" photo in the backyard, and thought, "What is she doing?" I love both photos and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Love You.

    ReplyDelete